This past weekend I had the day off – a whole day to myself and I started it in the sewing room fiddling with stuff for the girls but then I had a change of heart and decided to actually make myself something.
In May I took a bus trip up North to learn how to sew corsets. I haven’t blogged about that yet, sorry. Anyway, I decided to start a new one.
I had traced a new shape on some muslin and I started by cutting out the outside fabric.
I chose an army green twill from my local fabric store. It’s not quite as tough and non-stretchy as proper coutil that is the traditional corset fabric. But I had to make do with it since coutil is not available here.
I interfaced the outside and sewed the pieces together. Then I cut out the inside in a bright red twill fabric of the same quality as the outside.
I plan to make an underbust corset that I’ll have to wear a regular bra and shirt underneath. I think red topstitching against the green outside is going to look pretty.
In no time the inside was also done and now I have to wait a few days for the busk and boning, i.e. the hardware of the corset to arrive in my order from the UK.
The busk has to be put in first before I can move on.
* All pictures are processed in Instagram – I’ve fallen in love with it this summer and I apologise in advance if I go a bit overboard with the filters 😉